MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team dominated in nearly every facet on Saturday with team earning the 1-0 win over Central Penn College. The program is hosting it's first-ever Soccer Invitational this weekend on campus and will take on Mid-Atlantic Christian tomorrow after they won by a commanding 8-2 score.
Inside the Box Score
- Mont Alto dominated the possession of the ball throughout as goalkeeper Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) was only tested with one save within the first half.
- Central Penn only managed one shot all afternoon compared to Mont Alto's 22 as freshman Carter Felker (Spring Mills, Pa. / Penns Valley) and River Terry (Huntingdon, Pa. / Huntingdon Area) each managing six.
- PSUMA was a bit wasteful as it only placed seven shots on goal, but were never truly threatened by the Knights.
How it Happened
- Both teams traded possession during the early stages of the match, but after several shots on goal Mont Alto was able to strike for its first goal of the season.
- A beautiful cross off the left foot of Adrian Casey (Duncannon, Pa. / Susquenita) was finished off by freshman forward Trenton Shelter (Waynesboro, Pa. / Waynesboro Area). Shelter slotted the ball over the Knights backup keeper who was forced into duty for the majority of the match.
- In the second half Joao Pedro (Sorocaba, Brazil / Colegio Uirapuru) nearly doubled the lead for his team forcing the keeper into a diving save within the 84th minute.
Mont Alto will take on Mid-Atlantic Christian tomorrow afternoon at 1 p.m.