MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team dropped its first conference game of the season in a 3-0 defeat to PSU Brandywine on Saturday afternoon.
Inside the Box Score
- Mont Alto was only able to place one shot on target and it came in the second half. Scott Stanko Jr. (Biglerville, Pa. / Biglerville) made a nice turn and sliced a ball towards the bottom right corner that was saved by Zachary Ritz.
- Brandywine held the 16-3 lead in shots and forced all 11 corner kick opportunities.
- Mont Alto goalkeeper Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) notched six saves in the loss.
How it Happened
- Brandywine got off to a good start when Evan Roland headed the ball into the back of the net just 2:11 into the match. Joey Cairy added to the visitors lead in the 54th minute and scored another when Brandon Rochester chipped him into a place he was able to score an easy goal.
- The closest Mont Alto was to scoring other than the Stanko effort occurred in the 17th minute. Trenton Shetler (Waynesboro, Pa. / Waynesboro Area) received a beautiful cross but his one-touch shot sailed just wide of the post.
Mont Alto (6-3, 1-1 PSUAC) returns to action in a road match on Wednesday, Spet. 25 against PSU York. The team will then host it's Pink Out match in which the program hosts in conjunction with the women's soccer team on Saturday, September 28. Men's soccer host's Penn State Lehigh Valley at 4 p.m.