YORK, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team was in action this afternoon as they traveled to PSU York for a conference matchup. Mont Alto defeated the homestanding Lions by a final score of 2-1 to improve to 7-3 overall and 2-1 in the PSUAC.
Inside the Box Score
- Mont Alto finished the match with a 17-3 margin in shots over York.
- Jaylen Johnson (Philipsburg, Pa. / Philipsburg-Osceola) registered the start in goal and was forced to make one save, other than the goal he gave up in the 13th minute.
- All goals scored came within the first half.
How it Happened
- Mont Alto drew first blood when freshman Trenton Shetler (Waynesboro, Pa. / Waynesboro Area) beat the outstretched arms of the keeper. Joao Pedro (Sorocaba, Brazil / Colegio Uirapuru) put him through on a nice assist for his sixth point of the season.
- It was just minutes later in which Mont Alto scored what turned out to be the game-winner on a free kick. Freshman Josiah Chapman (Harrisburg, Pa. / Home Schooled) stepped up and rocketed a shot into the back of the net.
- Jose Salazar scored the lone goal for York in the 13th minute.
The Penn State Mont Alto soccer programs will once again be raising awareness and funds for the fight against breast cancer with its annual "Pink Out" games on Saturday, September 28 in a home doubleheader with Penn State Lehigh Valley. The men will kickoff at 3 p.m.