MONT ALTO, Pa. – Despite out-shooting the visitors by a 14-13 margin, the Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team came up short against Harrisburg Area Community College in a close 2-0 match. With the loss, the Nittany Lions fall to 7-7-1 on the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Total shots favored Mont Alto, but HAAC was more dangerous with its opportunities and held the 8-6 advantage on shots on goal. Joao Pedro (Sorocaba, Brazil / Colegio Uirapuru) ripped five shots while Trenton Shetler (Waynesboro, Pa. / Waynesboro Area) had four for Mont Alto.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) made six saves between the posts for PSUMA and nearly made the sprawling save on a penalty kick opportunity for the visitors.
How it Happened
- It was until the 39th minute of the match on Thursday, but HAAC was able to draw first blood on a wonder strike off the right foot of Clovis Kabre. The sophomore had an effort saved earlier in the first half but placed the shot into the upper-right hand corner to put his team up 1-0.
- Mont Alto had several chances to equalize especially in the second half, but a free kick opportunity that was taken by Bryce Palamar (Smithsburg, Md. / Williamsport). Another effort this time by Carter Felker (Spring Mills, Pa. / Penns Valley) hit off the crossbar in the 59th minute.
- HAAC added an insurance effort when Tila Ghalley converted on his PK opportunity.
Mont Alto has three games remaining in the regular season with Patrick Henry next at home on Monday, Oct. 14. Game time is slated for 4 p.m.