SCHUYLKILL HAVEN, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's soccer team notched their fifth-straight win on Friday in a 7-0 triumph over PSU Schuylkill. The win improved Mont Alto to 8-5 overall and 4-1 within the PSUAC.
Inside the Box Score
- Mont Alto tallied a season-high 35 shots and the team was incredibly efficient with 29 of those attempts placed on target.
- Sarah Mackey (Norfolk, Va. / Granby) scored her first collegiate hat trick.
- Tori Stouffer (Orrstown, Pa. / Cumberland Valley Christian) got the start in goal and recorded her third-straight shutout.
- Mont Alto had six corner kick opportunities and scored on the MaryAnna Black (Mechanicsburg, Pa. / Cumberland Valley) effort off the set piece.
How it Happened
- PSUMA jumped on Schuylkill early, as the homestanding Lions weren't able to gain any possession. Mont Alto quickly made the most of their time in the final third of the field and scored a pair of first half goals from Maddie Shirley (Biglerville, Pa. / Biglerville) and Sarah Mackey (Norfolk, Va. / Granby).
- Mont Alto added five more goals within the second half including two from Mackey. The first occurred in the 53rd minute and the other in the 85th .
- The freshman tallied eight points overall as the Granby HS product also assisted on another two goals.
- Natalia Molina (Fredrick, Md. / Urbana) and Micki McCutcheon (Etters, Pa. / Red Land) were the other goal scorers within the explosive second half for the Nittany Lions.
Mont Alto will look to keep it going when it travels to Penn State Hazleton on Saturday, Oct. 19 at 1 p.m.