Grant Commerer, Penn State Student Contributor
YORK, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's volleyball team earned a decisive win in three sets over PSU York on Thursday evening to improve to 3-1 on the 2019 season.
Inside the Box Score
- Kylee Gooding (Warriors Park, Pa./ Tyrone Area) led the Nittany Lions on the attack with 10 kills and had eight digs
- Melanie Tracey (York, Pa./Dallastown Area) was solid on defense racking up a team-high 15 digs.
- Alyssa Roberts (Newville, Pa./Big Spring) set her teammates up for kills 13 times.
- Rachel Manikowski (Mercersburg, Pa./James Buchanan) had an all-around effort with eight kills, two assists, two service aces and three digs.
- Katie Muse (Hagerstown, Md./Boonsboro) contributed with nine assists, three service aces, and six digs.
How it Happened
- The Nittany Lions dominated in the first set with a 25-6 win. PSUMA was never challenged within the game.
- Mont Alto squeezed out a close 25-23 second set win. They overcame quite a few points that were contributed to missed services or handling errors.
- PSUMA got back into a groove within the third set and put the game away, winning 25-15.
Mont Alto returns to action for the first time at home when it hosts Penn State Shenanago with a 2 p.m. start. The match will be played in Heiges Field House at Shippensburg University.