On Monday afternoon, the Pennsylvania State University Athletic Conference (PSUAC) announced the male and female recipients of the John S. Egli award. The award is given annually to an outstanding Pennsylvania State University Athletic Conference male and female student-athlete. Flemister is the fourth Penn State Mont Alto student-athlete to receive the honor. He joins Michael King (1988), Jennifer Stremmel (2010) and Clay Kocsis (2016) as the other Penn State Mont Alto student-athletes to earn the award.
The John S. Egli Award adds to the outstanding senior season for Flemister on and off the court. On the court, Flemister averaged 14.3 points (2nd on team), 5.2 rebounds (4th) and 2.7 (3rd) assists per contest. He helped Penn State Mont Alto to a 25-5 season, earning the top record in the west division of the PSUAC. Off the court, he has been involved in the Penn State Mont Alto Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) and a member of Team IMPACT. A student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives. There is a SAAC at the institution, conference and national levels. Team IMPACT tackles the emotional trauma and social isolation experienced by children facing serious illness and disability by matching them with a college athletic team.
Quintyn Flemister 2021-22 Accolades:
- PSUAC West Division Player of the Year
- PSUAC West Division Defensive Player of the Year
- PSUAC West Division 1st Team All-Conference
- PSUAC Player of the Week (1/11/22)
- USCAA Player of the Week (1/11/22)
- USCAA Basketball Student-Athlete of the Year
- USCAA Men's Basketball Division II Player of the Year
- USCAA Men's Basketball Division II 1st Team All-American
- Marty Ogle Student-Athlete of the Year Award
- John S. Egli Outstanding Student-Athlete Award
The John S. Egli award will be presented on Monday night, May 23rd at the annual PSUAC Awards Banquet at the Wyndham Garden Inn in State College, Pa.