MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team played in their third-straight game on their home pitch and was upended for the first time of the season to visiting Manor College. The Blue Jays scored both of its goals within the second half as PSUMA dropped to 2-1 overall on the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Adrian Casey (Duncannon, Pa. / Susquenita) led the team in shots for the night and was the closest to notching a goal for the Nittany Lions. He rocketed a shot from just outside the 18-yard box within the first half that ricocheted off both the post and crossbar.
- Goalkeeper Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) finished the match with a game-high eight saves including five within the first half.
- Jared Laudenslager scored in the 77th minute for the Blue Jays and has scored two of the team's three goals in 2019.
How it Happened
- PSUMA came closest to scoring within the first half as the game went scoreless until Jared Laudenslager beat Moore to the right side of his net. The insurance effort came seconds before the final buzzer within the 88th minute as Wood-Jerry Georges scored on a slick individual play.
- Casey's effort was the closest in which the Nittany Lions came of scoring as his effort resulted in direct rebound that fell to feet of freshman Scott Stanko Jr. (Biglerville, Pa. / Biglerville). A sprawling Moussa Kallo at the 15:24 mark saved his shot.
- Both teams had five corner kicks apiece and Manor College finished the match with the edge in shots at 16-10.
Mont Alto will hit the road for a match at Central Penn College on Friday, September 6 with game time slated at 4 p.m.