PURCELLVILLE, Va. – The Penn State Mont Alto men's soccer team got back on track on Thursday evening with a 4-1 non-conference road win over Patrick Henry College. The Nittany Lions improved to 6-2 on the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Jaylen Johnson (Philipsburg, Pa. / Philipsburg-Osceola) registered his second start in goal for PSUMA and stopped five shots. He made a solid save in the 40th minute and another one on the subsequent corner kick, which followed.
- The third goal of the game was Mont Alto's first successful corner kick opportunity of the season as it was assisted by Bryce Palamar (Smithsburg, Md. / Williamsport).
How it Happened
- The first goal of the game was scored in the 13th minute when Bryce Palamar (Smithsburg, Md. / Williamsport) made a nice run through the defense and finished top shelf. The teams traded possession and shot opportunities for the remainder of the half.
- Freshman Trenton Shetler (Waynesboro, Pa. / Waynesboro Area) won the ball back in the offensive third of the field and fired a rocket at the 47:55 mark to put PSUMA up 2-0.
- Patrick Henry College got themselves back into the match with a Micha Bock unassisted goal in the 63rd minute. But PSUMA killed off all momentum when Triston Horn (Waynesboro, Pa. / Cumberland Valley Christian) drove the ball into the back of the net off the Adrian Casey (Duncannon, Pa. / Susquenita) corner kick.
- Shetler scored his second goal of the match on a through ball from Bryce Palamar (Smithsburg, Md. / Williamsport). Both now have three goals on the season.
Mont Alto returns to action in a crucial PSUAC test with Penn State Brandywine on Saturday. Game time at home is slated for 4 p.m.