MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball team got off to a fast start and led by as much as 21 points in a convincing 77-57 over PSU Fayette. The win marked the team's first PSUAC victory of the season with Mont Alto improving to 4-10 and 1-5 in conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Charity Miller (Greencastle, Pa. / James Buchanan) scored a game-high 23 points and had her fifth double-double of the season with 10 rebounds. Miller shot 50 percent from the field and scored six of her points from the charity stripe.
- Alexis Shaffer (Hagerstown, Md. / South Hagerstown) also had a double-double for Mont Alto with 19 points and 13 rebounds. It was her tenth of the season as the senior forward also had three steals and an assist.
- Angel Schoonover (Woodhull, N.Y. / Jasper-Troupsburg) also scored in double figures off the bench for the Nittany Lions netting 14 points. The senior guard hit a 3-pointer and had eight rebounds.
How it Happened
- Mont Alto out-rebounded Fayette 52-41 and scored 16 second chance points.
- Karley Coleman (Hanover, Pa. / Delone Catholic) was able to dictate the pace of play from the point as she played 38 minutes and finished with eight points, nine assists, three rebounds, and three steals.
- Penn State Mont Alto also established its presences in the paint with Alexis Shaffer (Hagerstown, Md. / South Hagerstown) scoring 11 of her points in the first half.
- Mont Alto held a 39-30 lead at halftime. The third quarter proved to be the most competitive, but Angel Schoonover (Woodhull, N.Y. / Jasper-Troupsburg) killed a Fayette rally within the period with nine points on 4-of-6 shooting from the field.
- Mont Alto shot 44.8 percent from the field.
- Haley Moreland scored a team-high 22 points for Penn State Fayette (3-9, 2-4 PSUAC).
- The Roaring Lions were held to 16 or fewer points in each quarter and shot 30.3 percent from the field.
Mont Alto returns to action on Tuesday, January 23 in a non-conference matchup with Valley Forge. Tipoff against the Patriots from the Multipurpose Activities Center will be at 6 p.m.