McKEESPORT, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball team picked up its second-straight PSUAC victory on Friday in a 61-53 road win over PSU Greater Allegheny.
Inside the Box Score
- Charity Miller (Greencastle, Pa. / James Buchanan) started off her second-straight game with a made 3-pointer. Miller finished with a game-high 18 points.
- Rebekah Adams (York, Pa. / Central York) had her best game of the season and produced her first career double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds. The sophomore collected eight boards on the defensive end of the floor and finished 5-of-9 from the floor.
- Alexis Shaffer (Hagerstown, Md. / South Hagerstown) came off the bench and had her usual double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds in only 19 minutes.
- Penn State Greater Allegheny had two scorers finish in double figures. Jayla Ellis had a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds, but was held to 7-of-21 shooting from the floor.
- Mont Alto have won two-straight matchups against PSUGA.
How it Happened
- Mont Alto played outstanding defense from start to finish with the visitors holding PSUGA to 32.9 percent shooting from the floor. Greater Allegheny also failed to make a 3-pointer for the second time this season.
- Greater Allegheny held the lead briefly in the first quarter with its largest lead being a point, but Mont Alto retook the lead at the 7:13 mark of the first quarter and never looked back.
- Mont Alto finished the first quarter with a 16-14 lead and took a 29-23 into the halftime break.
- The Nittany Lions built up a 15-point lead and its largest of the game in the third quarter after an Alexis Shaffer (Hagerstown, Md. / South Hagerstown) jumper in the paint.
- Mont Alto cruised in the fourth quarter to improve to 5-11 overall and 2-5 in conference action.
Mont Alto will have a quick turnaround in another pivotal PSUAC road matchup with Penn State Beaver. Game time is slated for 2 p.m.