FRONT ROYAL, Va. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's soccer team settled into the game as the match wore on, but it was to little to late as it dropped a 5-3 match to Christendom College on Wednesday.
Inside the Box Score
- Mont Alto made the most of its scoring opportunities in the second half with the team placing two of its four shots into the back of the net. The first of those goals came off the foot of Natalia Molina (Fredrick, Md. / Urbana).
- The Crusaders saw a four-goal game from Christine McLaughlin.
- Mont Alto held the 3-1 advantage in corner kicks.
How it Happened
- McLaughlin opened the scoring in the 11th minute with an unassisted effort and added another in the 20th minute to put her team up 2-0.
- PSUMA responded five minutes later when Tori Stouffer (Orrstown, Pa. / Cumberland Valley Christian) found Katlin Provard (Mont Alto, Pa. / Cumberland Valley Christian)who scored her second goal of the season.
- The Crusaders saw McLaughlin achieve the hat-trick on another unassisted effort in the 33rd minute. They went into halftime with the 3-1 lead.
- The home team scored another two goals including one to negate the Molina effort before scoring on a penalty kick in the 89th minute. Sarah Mackey (Norfolk, Va. / Granby) slotted the ball past the keeper making it 5-3.
Mont Alto (1-3) returns to action on Saturday with a road contest against Fredrick Community College at 1 p.m.