SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto volleyball team just weren't able to string any momentum together on Wednesday evening with the team falling to PSU Beaver 3-0 in conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Beaver won in straight sets by scores of 25-16, 25-18 and 25-19.
- The visitors out-hit Mont Alto totaling 33 kills, which was nine more than PSUMA. Amanda Mike finished with a match-high nine kills for Beaver.
- Breanne Byers (Chambersburg, Pa. / Chambersburg Area), Kirstyn Black (Saint Thomas, Pa. / James Buchanan), and Kylee Gooding (Warriors Mark, Pa. / Tyrone Area) each finished with six kills apiece.
- Gooding accounted for three blocks.
- Katie Muse (Hagerstown, Md. / Boonsboro) dished out 12 assists and totaled 14 digs.
How it Happened
- A huge run from PSU Beaver saw them take an early 14-10 lead and it was finally stopped by a service error. The visitors began rolling again after a pair of kills from Ramiya White and took the first set by a 25-16 score.
- It was truly back-and-forth in the second set before Beaver ran away late. They established a lead at 18-13 and never looked back and were able to do so because of several mishits by PSUMA. A Mine' Okoloko kill sealed the 2-0 lead for Penn State Beaver.
- The third set saw Mont Alto suffer an early deficit and the team just weren't able to claw their way back suffering the sweep.
Up next, Mont Alto hosts Penn State Fayette in a battle of the current top-2 teams within the PSUAC West on Saturday, October 12. Match time is slated for 1 p.m. and the team will honor Breanne Byers (Chambersburg, Pa. / Chambersburg Area) and Katie Muse (Hagerstown, Md. / Boonsboro) prior to match as part of Senior Day.