MONT ALTO, Pa. – The Valley Forge women's basketball team outscored Mont Alto 34-19 in the third quarter, as it was the turning point of the game with the Patriots coming through with an 84-70 win in a non-conference matchup on Tuesday.
Inside the Box Score
- Charity Miller (Greencastle, Pa. / James Buchanan) led the Nittany Lions in scoring with 17 points. The sophomore guard nearly had a double-double with nine rebounds and four assists.
- Julianne Noveras (Gaithersburg, Md. / Gaithersburg) caught fire from distance shooting 3-of-5 totaling 13 points. She also had four assists.
- Alexis Shaffer (Hagerstown, Md. / South Hagerstown) once again had a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds including four of which came on the offensive end of the floor.
- Mont Alto was held to 38.5 percent shooting from the field.
How it Happened
- Charity Miller (Greencastle, Pa. / James Buchanan) was hot out of the gates hitting three-straight 3-pointers to give Mont Alto the 9-0 lead.
- Valley Forge established itself in the post to make the comeback.
- The teams went into halftime tied up at 36 points apiece.
- Both teams went end-to-end to begin the second half, but the Patriots went on to out-score MA by 15 in the third quarter.
- Mont Alto would close the gap as close to eight points at 67-75 with a little over four minutes left, but UVF tightened up their defence down the stretch.
The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball team return to action on Friday, January 26 in a road matchup with PSU Greater Allegheny. Tip-off is slated for 6 p.m.