MONACA, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball team coming off an impressive 61-53 win over Greater Allegheny on Friday was unable to string together its third consecutive PSUAC victory falling to PSU Beaver on Saturday by a 89-56 score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Beaver held Penn State Mont Alto's (5-12 2-6 PSUAC) leading scorer Charity Miller (Greencastle, Pa. / James Buchanan) to just 11 points on 4-of-14 shooting.
- Freshman guard Julianne Noveras (Gaithersburg, Md. / Gaithersburg) had a strong game netting a pair of 3-pointers for a total of 10 points.
- Alexis Shaffer (Hagerstown, Md. / South Hagerstown) and Angel Schoonover (Woodhull, N. Y. / Jasper-Troupsburg) combined for 25 bench points. Shaffer had a team-high 15 points and was held to just six rebounds, which marked a season-low for the senior forward.
- Penn State Beaver (7-12, 6-3 PSUAC) had five players score in double figures including Ally Rudolph who had a game-high 19 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mont Alto came out of the gates ice cold and was quickly down 11-0 after the first five minutes. Beaver would maintain its lead through the second quarter and went into halftime with a 47-34 lead.
- Mont Alto was sloppy with the basketball, giving up 29 turnovers with the home team capitalizing with 30 points off the turnovers.
- Julianne Noveras (Gaithersburg, Md. / Gaithersburg) briefly tilted the momentum back in Mont Alto's favor in the third quarter with a pair of 3-pointers.
- Beaver clamped back down and coasted through the fourth quarter for the 89-56 win.
The women's basketball team concludes their three-game PSUAC road trip on Tuesday against Penn State Brandywine. Tip-off is slated for 6 p.m.