MEDIA, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto women's basketball team fell victim to a collective cold shooting night from the field on Tuesday night, falling to PSU Brandywine by a 82-41 score. Mont Alto (5-13, 2-7 PSUAC) was held to 24.5 percent shooting from the field as Brandywine (16-5, 10-0) remain undefeated in conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Leading scorer Charity Miller (Greencastle, Pa. / James Buchanan) was held in check with 14 points, but shot 4-of-17 from the field.
- Freshman guard Julianne Noveras (Gaithersburg, Md. / Gaithersburg) had a solid game with eight points, and made two of her three shots from downtown.
- Brandywine had four players finish in double figures with Madison D'Ambrosio coming off the bench for a team-high 13 points.
How it Happened
- Mont Alto trailed from start to finish as they struggled to settle into the road matchup and ended up committing 36 turnovers.
- The teams traded baskets in the first quarter with Brandywine finishing the period with an eight-point lead (25-17). Brandywine would run away with the game in the middle quarters holding PSUMA to only 12 points combined.
- Penn State Brandywine knocked down 42.1 percent of its shots and made 6-of-20 three-pointers.
- Brandywine also held a 42-4 advantage in points in the paint.
PSUMA return to its friendly confines of the Multipurpose Activities Center on Friday, February 2 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre. Tip-off is slated for 6 p.m.